Hot Weekend Ahead, A Chance of Gusty Storms Too

Today's heat will carry into the weekend, and likely through next week as well. After a slow start to the summer heat, the upcoming period will certainly feel like mid-July across eastern Colorado. For Denver, this »

Monday PM Update: Summer Heat on the Way

Well, after a remarkably cool weekend, which featured plentiful mountain snow and some great rains across the Plains, the weather is about to switch to summer mode as head deeper into the week. First, a look »

Weekend Outlook: A Good Chance of Showers and Storms

As we discussed in this week's SOTA, the chance of storms goes up today and will carry through the weekend. Look for about a 30% chance of storms today, with 40 to 70% chances for your »

Weekend Outlook: Cold Front and Chance of Rain after Hot End to Week

Well, nowhere near record heat today across the region but certainly a warm one. Denver's record high for the date is 98°F last set back in 2006, about 10 degrees warmer than most of us »

Heavy Rainfall to be Wednesday's Storm Threat

A little different variety of thunderstorms will push through the area Wednesday: heavy rainers. Tuesday evening still may see a storm, the strongest of which will be over the plains, but the storm impact Tuesday is »

The State of the Atmosphere: Sunday, May 26th, 2019

A quick look at the week ahead even as showers and storms continue this evening after what was a busy severe weather day across Eastern Colorado. The radar as of 9:00pm showed storms continuing across »

Snow Overnight, Heavy At Times: Monday PM Update

Snow, heavy at times, is possible overnight through Tuesday morning for the metro areas and in the mountains along with thunderstorms on the plains. We discussed the current storm system in yesterday's SOTA, so let's get »